Prime Supply Warranty
Prime Supply Warranty Information
Who is covered?
All warranties in this Limited Warranty Guide are given only to the original purchaser of our product. Our warranties are not transferable.
What is covered and for how long?
The limited warranties are subject to the product applications, limitations, disclaimers and exclusions described below. All warranties run from the date of purchase for the applicable period.
What are you responsible for under our warranties?
To be covered under our warranties, make sure that the flooring is properly installed in accordance with NWFA installation standards for the relative flooring type. Retain all sales slips for the flooring, appropriate adhesives and retain proof of pre-installation moisture test results. You must also properly care for your new floor using the proper maintenance schedule and products. We recommend that you use only specially formulated hardwood floor care products to preserve your flooring. Using floor care products other than specially formulated products for hardwood flooring may damage your floor and void this warranty.
What will we do if any of the covered events occur?
If any of the covered events listed in this guide occurs within the warranty periods specified for the respective flooring product, we will recoat, refinish, fill or furnish comparable flooring (of our manufacture and of similar color, pattern, and quality), for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor, at our option. In the unlikely event that we are unable to correct the problem after a reasonable number of attempts, we will refund the portion of the purchase price for the section of failed flooring. These warranties do not include removal or replacement of cabinets and other fixtures. We will replace or repair such flooring no more than once, which is your exclusive remedy under this warranty. If the replacement or repair fails in the same manner a second time, the site conditions will be deemed unacceptable for the installation of our hardwood floors. These are the exclusive remedies under this warranty if a defect or other warranted condition occurs. We reserve the right to verify any claims or defect by inspection and have samples removed for technical analysis.
What is not covered by Prime Supply warranties?
• Wood flooring installed in high moisture areas such as full bathrooms with a shower or tub.
• Damage caused by fire, flooding, and other natural disasters and Acts of God.
• Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse.
• Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar or hard heads (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Damage caused by improper cleaning and maintenance such as but not limited to wet-mopping, steam cleaners, industrial vacuums, polishing/buffing machines.
• Damage caused by appliances, furniture and casters (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Reduction in gloss, scratches or indentation due to sand, pebbles or other abrasives, pets, insects, construction traffic, or failure to maintain the floor as required (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Color, shade, or texture variations between samples, printed color photography or replacement flooring and the actual material.
• Color variations between flooring and/or samples and other flooring or wood products, which you wish to match (e.g., cabinets, stair railings, trim, etc.).
• Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor joist assemblies, subfloor preparation materials, and fasteners including, but not limited to, uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection or voids in the subfloor.
• Noises (squeaks, etc.) associated with anything other than the manufacturing defects of the flooring.
• Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, mineral streaks and knots.
• Changes in color due to exposure to sunlight and age.
• Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by low or excessive humidity.
• Products designated as “thrift,” “antique,” “tavern,” “bargain, “seconds,” “economy grade,” “close-out,” “offgoods” or “nonstandard.” Such products are sold “AS IS.”
• Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residences.
• Commercial installations of residential products.
• Construction or installation-related damage.
• Floors damaged or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including without limitation, due to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet-mopping spills or weather conditions.
• Installation defects, including installations made: (i) in violation of applicable state or local housing or building codes, or (ii) contrary to written instructions furnished with the product.
NOTE:YOU AND YOUR INSTALLER ARE RESPONSIBLE TO INSPECT FLOORING PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LIABILITIES, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING LABOR COSTS, WHERE FLOORING WITH VISIBLE DEFECTS HAS BEEN INSTALLED.
What is excluded from Prime Supply warranties?
No installer, retailer, distributor or employee has the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers, exclusions or warranties under any circumstance.
WE EXCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR PAY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES UNDER OUR WARRANTIES. By this we mean we exclude any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND FOR ALL NON-CONSUMER PRODUCT, ALL
WARRANTIES OTHER THAN OUR LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE
DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER STATE LAW, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED
WARRANTIES (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN
WARRANTY,TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW
EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS
ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE WARRANTIES GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU
MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Lifetime Structural Integrity Warranty: We warrant that the covered products, in their original manufactured condition, will be free from defects in grading, lamination and assembly for as long as you (the original purchaser) own the floor. Engineered floors lamination is covered under warranty under normal residential use and only if they are not exposed to excessive moisture. This warranty does not cover the normal expansion and contraction of wood flooring due to seasonal changes. Cupping or buckling due to excessive moisture or humidity is not covered under warranty
25 yr. Residential Finish Warranty: We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the finish on the covered product will not wear through, and that the finish will not separate from the wood flooring under normal household use when maintained in accordance with our recommended maintenance guidelines.
Pre-installation Defects Warranty: We warrant that the covered products meet our quality standards. You or your installer should carefully inspect the products before installation for any milling, dimension or visual defects. Since wood is a natural product, there will be natural variations in color, tone and grain that are not covered by this warranty. The pre-installation warranty expires upon installation.
Need to Contact Us?
We want you to be happy with your floor purchase. If you are not, call your retail store first. They can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. If you have further questions, please contact us at:
1851 Central Place S. #120
Kent, WA 98030
PLEASE KEEP YOUR SALES RECEIPT.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE CLAIMED DEFECT AND
DATE AND PROOF OF PURCHASE MUST BE PROVIDED.